MAULANA AZAD LIBRARY
Post Deputy Librarian
No of post 03
Pay level Pay Level-AL-12 (Pay Range: ₹ 79800 - 211500)
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
1. A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science, with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever grading system is followed.
2. Eight years experience as an Assistant University Librarian/College Librarian.
3. Evidence of innovative library service including integration of ICT in library.
4. A Ph.D. Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science/Archives and Manuscript Keeping/computerization of Library.
1. A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor's as well as at the Master's level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
2. A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master's Degree prior to19 September, 1991.
How to apply
Persons downloading the Form from the Net are required to send a Cash receipt of Rs.500/- issued by the State Bank of India, AMU Branch (05555), under the Head, “Employment Fee” in the Account No. 10612177016 or Demand Draft of Rs.500/- payable to Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh at State Bank of India, AMU Branch Aligarh (05555), along with the duly filled employment form complete in all respect. Complete application form procured in the above manner may either be delivered personally at the Reception Counter of Administrative Block or sent by post, superscribing on the top at the left side of the cover, the post applied for, advertisement number and date, to the Joint Registrar (Selection Committee-Non-Teaching) Section, Registrar’s Office, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh – 202002, so as to reach him by 27.07.2019.