Name of the post Assistant Librarian
No. of Post 01(UR)
Scale of Pay PB-3:15,600-39,100 + AGP-6000/-
Age limit: 35 Years.
(1) A Master’s Degree in Library Science / Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization of library.
(2) Qualifying in the national level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
(3) However, candidates, who are, or have been awarded Ph. D. degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph. D. Degree), Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Librarian.
- 1. One year certificate course/PGDCA in computer application from a recognized institution or equivalent.
- Working experience with Library software/ content management software Libsys/Koha/SOUL/Dspace/Drupal,etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates already working in IIT Library system.
Name of the post Junior Library Assistant
No. of Post 03 (UR)
Scale of Pay PB-1: 5200-20200+GP 2000/-
Age limit: 18 to 35 years.
Bachelors Degree in Library & Info. Science OR Diploma in Lib & Inf. Sc with Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline OR two years degree in M.Lib & Inf. Sc. (Integrated)
Hands-on experience of computer Applications in a Library of repute.
Hot to apply
Print out of application along with the relevant enclosures is to be sent to the Registrar, Non-Faculty Recruitment Cell, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi-221005 (India) by speed-post/registered post/courier so as to reach on or before 14.05.2016 upto 5.00 p.m.. The envelope should be super scribed with the name of the post applied for.
Last date of the submission of online application i.e. 07.05.2016.