Job Title : University Librarian
Salary : US $ 27 K -$ 40 K per annum + allowances
Age : Preferably below 55 years
The University Librarian will provide leadership to ensure the Library excels in the provision of support for teaching, learning and research at the University. The Librarian is responsible for the overall administration of the University Library and archives for library services as per international stature of the University and as prescribed by the statutory provisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, and, enhance and improve, the Library's integrated learning environment, and the engagement of students, faculty and staff in that environment.
- Ensure equitable access to information resources, services, facilities and systems, in physical or virtual environments on campus.
- Be innovative and proactive in the implementation of new technologies and library services as per international standards and in alignment with emerging trends
- Assure adequate library and research resources are available to meet faculty and student needs, within assigned budget. Plan for collection growth and technological change.
- Research and manage all required and/or beneficial license, copyright and consortia agreements.
- Current Awareness Series
- Hire and train staff and conduct performance reviews to ensure a high level of professional service;
- Participate in the academic administration of the University through Library Committee arid the Deans and Boards of studies.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send their applications to reach the office of the Registrar, Nalanda University, Chhabilapur Road, Rajgir-803116, Bihar, on or before February 26, 2020.