An autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and is fully funded by it, invites applications as under :
- Name of Post: Senior Library & Information Assistant
- No. of post: Two posts ( 1-Regional Office, Kolkata (Reserved for SC) & 01-Regional Office, Bangalore (Reserved for ST)
- Pay Scale: Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400) (7 CPC)
- Age Limit: 30 Years (Relaxation as per Government of India rules)
Educational & Other Qualifications:
- 1. Bachelor of Library Science.
- 2. Five year's experience in a Library of standing.
- 3. Good knowledge of computer application in the Library.
- i) Master of Library Science.
- ii) Working knowledge of 1 or 2 Indian languages in addition to mother tongue.
How to apply
The incumbent selected is liable to be transferred to any of the offices of the Sahitya Akademi located in India. Applications received through email or without required enclosures will not be accepted. Those working in Central/State Government/Autonomous Organisations/Renowned Educational Institutions may apply through proper channel. The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit Akademi's website and follow the application procedure as stated. The shortlisted candidates fulfilling the essential qualifications will be required to appear for a written test to judge their knowledge of Part-A: English, Hindi, General Knowledge and Part-B: Library Science on a convenient date and time as decided by the Akademi. Candidates appearing for written test will have to pass both Part 'A' & 'B'.
The application in the prescribed format as given on Akademi's website: http://www.sahitya-akademi.gov.in alongwith self-attested copies of certificates of qualifications/experience etc. kept in an envelope duly superscribed "Application for the post of Senior Library & Information Assistant at (Reserved for )" addressed to the Secretary, Sahitya Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001 should reach within 30 days' time from the date of publication of this advertisement.
The last date of application is 30/11/2020